Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reece Terris' Wow-Inducing Art Bridge

Today for Canadianart.ca, I helped write up a previewy-type item about Sitely Premises, an interesting-looking spring show at the Surrey Art Gallery. The exhibition focuses on West Coast artists who have used the space around detached single-family houses (usually their own) to create work.

Writing this thing pushed me into full Reece Terris fan territory, as it prompted me to view a video of the bridge he built between his own house and a neighbouring one in 2006. Here's some pretty cool documentation from Terris' website:

Bridge (2006) from Reece Terris on Vimeo.


Of course, I'm not the only one in the Terris fan club. The guy's receiving a VIVA Award this year, and his crazy recentish apartment installation at the Vancouver Art Gallery got tons of press. My pressing question now: When will he do an installation in Toronto? I'd love to see this happen.

No comments: